Friday 7 August 2015

Raisin Experiment

Room 20 are enjoying our "I am a scientist" unit and our latest experiment was lots of fun!

Raisin Experiment

Question:   When I put raisins in Sprite, what will happen?

We each made a hypothesis (a guess) about what we thought would happen.

(A) I think the raisins will explode - 8 votes
(B) I think the raisins will sink to the bottom - 1 vote
(C) I think the raisins will dance up and down - 3 votes
(D) I think the raisins will float to the top - 0 votes
(E) I think the raisins will melt - 1 vote



Conclusion

We saw the raisins dance up and down in the cup. Then they finally sank to the bottom. We think this happened because the bubbles (gas) pushed the raisins up and then they popped when they got to the top so the raisins went down again. Then when all the bubbles stopped the raisins sank to the bottom.



No comments:

Post a Comment